1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté in olive oil, over high heat, until lightly browned.
2. Add the COOK at HOME cooking sauce, about 1 cup of water (300ml) and stir well.
3. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender (about 45 minutes). During cooking, check if any additional water is needed.
4. Add then about 4 cups of water (1.000ml), and as soon as it comes to a boil, add the orzo. Check for salt and pepper and cook over low heat for another 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5. Serve with grated myzithra.
• 1 chicken ~1,5kg, cut in 6-8 pieces
• 1 COOK at HOME cooking sauce
for chicken casserole in tomato sauce
• 40ml olive oil (~ 2,5 tbsp.)
• 400g orzo, medium
• 1.300ml water (~ 5 cups)
• 100g dry myzithra to serve (optional)
• Salt – pepper
Tip: To cook orzo al dente remove from heat 2-3 minutes earlier, and let the pot covered for a few minutes.